Thursday, October 28, 2010

Boys Varsity Sectional Game

My sincerest congratulations go out to the Boys Varsity Soccer team and Coach Gillis, on an incredibly well played sectional game. As a former coach of 13 years, I can say it was one of the best played games I have had the privilege of watching. The boys played with heart and stamina for the entire duration of regulation and overtime play.

At the the end of the game I had the opportunity to listen to Coach Gillis share his thoughts and wishes with the boys. It was one of, if not the, best post game speeches I have heard. I suspect that many years from now, the boys will remember the kind and supportive words of their coach as they move through their lives.

I was also taken-a-back by what happened next. Unbeknown to most, one of the boys suffered the loss of his grandfather earlier in the afternoon. He attended and played the entire game with his team, showing no sign of distraction. I was astounded by the manner in which the boys rallied around him in support. It was a truly emotional moment that I will not soon forget. My thoughts and prayers go out to he and his family.

What I witnessed today was a clear confirmation of just how outstanding the students and staff at BKW are. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment